KOMODO 6K is the latest breakthrough product in RED's long line of innovative image capture technology. The newest entrant into the RED lineup is a compact and highly powerful cinema camera. It features RED’s cinema-grade image quality, colour science, and sensor technology into a shockingly small form factor so that users can take it anywhere and adapt it to any shooting scenario.
The new sensor in KOMODO is a 6K S35 global shutter sensor that breaks new technical ground by eliminating the need to sacrifice dynamic range while meeting the RED standard of unmatched imagery without any creative or technical compromises.
KOMODO also features a built-in Canon RF-style mount, allowing users the flexibility to use numerous different lens adapters, such as Canon EF, PL and Leica M mount. The built-in RF mount allows you to adapt to numerous different lens adapters, such as Canon EF, PL and Leica M mount, providing ultimate flexibility to achieve the look of your choosing. KOMODO also has a DC IN power port and can also be powered using two Canon BP style batteries.
Whether you are working on a major film production with multiple cameras, or you are an on-the-go content creator, KOMODO will fit the need for your job.
- Capture every moment, burst, and flash without sacrificing and ounce of dynamic range or overall image quality.
- Movement: Capture fast-moving action like it’s meant to be captured. No blurred or curved lines- just perfect pixels in every shot.
- Dynamic Range: KOMODO stays true to RED’s reputation and heritage of unrivaled dynamic range. Capture every detail from the most cinematic shots.
- Flash: The KOMODO 6K sensor isn’t phased by quick bursts of light like strobes or lightning. So users never have to compromise getting the shot they want.
- VFX: No rolling shutter artifacts means less time fixing footage for camera tracking and match-move. Saving valuable time and money in post-production and VFX.
- Shooting on a bigger canvas allows creators to unlock more creative flexibility with benefits such as stabilisation, reframing, and more.
- The latest evolution of REDCODE is optimised for KOMODO. Allowing users to continue unlocking unbelievable image capture potential and creative flexibility with a new simplified user experience.
- KOMODO REDCODE settings and applications:
- HQ - VFX, extreme-detail scenes, and stills from motion [Data Rate* (512GB card)*: ~30 mins rec time]
- MQ - Cinema (non-VFX) and high-end TV [Data Rate* (512GB card)*: ~48 mins rec time]
- LQ - TV, online content, documentary, interviews, and long takes [Data Rate* (512GB card)*: ~1:17mins rec time]
* Data rate assumes camera settings at 6K 17:9, 23.98 fps shooting. Actual data rate will depend on complexity of the shooting scene and capture settings.
- KOMODO is smaller and more versatile than any comparable cinema camera in the industry. Allowing you to get shots you never thought possible.
- Go Anywhere. Capture Any Shot. Freedom To Roam.
- Impossible Shots Made Possible.
- Whether on set or online, take advantage of live 4K monitoring output to review content or stream.
Versatile Lens Mount
- KOMODO’s RF-style mount provides tremendous flexibility and compatibility with a wide array of EF and PL lenses and the ability to leverage adapters with internal ND filters.
HIgh-Resolution Touch Screen
- Easily preview content and navigate menus. Media: CFAST 2.0 media allows users to use a widely accessible, standardised, and reliable media source.
- KOMODO uses either Canon BP955 (4900mAh) or BP975 (730mAh), allowing users to choose an industry standard and widely relied-upon power source.
- RED Komodo 6k
- Vello RF to EF Mount Adapter (LAE-CR-CEF)
- Front Cap
- RED Komodo Canon RF Front Cap
- TILTA V-Mount Battery Plate for Komodo
- Wooden Handle with Lockoff Levers
- TILTA Top Handle with Captive Thumbscrew
- TILTA Top Plate with 2 screws
- TILTA Side Plate
- TILTA Bottom Plate
- Wedge BlockTA-TO8
- Swit S-8845 Battery
- TILTA 15mm Adapter
- Niceyrig 15mm Mounted V-lock Holder
- RED C-Fast 2.0 Card Reader
- USB-C to USB-C Cable
- USB-C to USB3 A Adapter
- Battery Charger LBC-1C to D-tap
- Hawk-Woods Battery Charger DV-MC2A
- FXLION Nano One V-lok Battery
- 512GB RED Pro C-fast Card
- 450mm 15mm Bar
- 3/16 Allen Key
- 3mm Allen Key
- 2.5mm Allen Key
- Power Lead Figure 8
- BNC T-piece
- Manual & Warranty
- 1/4 Screw for Tripod
- Activation Card
- Peli Misc size case
- Hawk-Woods VL-M150HP/D mini 2x
- Hawk-Woods VL-2x2P Charger (Dual)
- 15mm Support Bracket Tilta (Grey)
- 15mm Support Bracket (Red)