Technical Manager London
Director – Projects, and Group Technical Director
The role will be in-house and location based. The in-house work will include comprehensively supporting the technical and management teams, building and supporting OB systems, maintaining in-house equipment, and liaising with clients. You will be working within a small team and managing multiple shoots. On location, the role will be to provide primary technical management and support to the client and crew, as well as rectifying technical faults in live environments.
- Thorough knowledge of Flyaways and OB trucks, including building, altering and live running of the systems
- Technical phone support to clients and staff.
- Minimising loss of service on location at times of equipment failure by rapidly identifying and implementing alternative methods of service provision.
- Interpreting and implementing instructions and requests on location from producers, directors and other colleagues
- Knowledge of all camera formats and codecs, and impact on post-production workflow.
- Attending technical recces and providing clear kit lists to the client and Procam Take 2 bookings team.
- Thorough knowledge of 4k and HDR workflow, including an understanding of 4k over IP.
- Thorough knowledge of system and location cameras as well as the technical set-up of them through an OB system.
- Thorough knowledge and practical understanding of building a video and audio system for a production.
- Knowledge of lenses including cine lenses and external servo set-ups.
- Design of audio/visual and engineering Schematics for all projects.
- Maintain specialist broadcast equipment for audio and video productions.
- Installing and testing new facilities and equipment.
- Analysing and rectifying technical faults on equipment and systems.
- Coordinating the repair of hardware and other broadcast technology systems.
- Keep abreast of constant changes in technology by investigating new systems, techniques and equipment.
- Good communication skills in order to communicate effectively with members of the Procam Take 2 team, as well as clients.
- Broad knowledge of frame rates, sync, resolutions, time code, compressions, video delays and the issues associated with changing and amending these for a production.
- Experience of managing a team in-house and on-location to meet aggressive targets when required.
- You must have high customer facing standards in your approach to your work.
- An even temperament, with the ability to keep calm under pressure. You should also be comfortable working independently, as well as within a group.
Your performance will be reviewed at your 3 month probation review and at your yearly appraisal; there may be adhoc meetings throughout the year to discuss any issues. This job description will be reviewed periodically and may change to suit the needs of the business.