Senior Technician Manchester
Title: Senior Technician
Reports to: Warehouse Manager
Job Purpose: To support the Warehouse Manager with the daily running of the Manchester Warehouse to make sure all technical equipment is prepped, de-prepped, and maintained for our clients in the TV and Film industry, and with the ability to take on key responsibilities. To work closely with all departments especially the warehouse team to meet deadlines and ensure work efficiency. To make sure the systems in place are used and adhered to.
- To prepare Technical TV an Film Equipment to the highest professional standards.
- Ensure daily deadlines issued by management are fulfilled by team members.
- Follow strict procedures to ensure consistency for the end product.
- To be responsible for ‘final checks’ before equipment leaves the premises; ensuring the all items are present and in full working order. The ‘end product’ must meet our high standards.
- Meet and greet client; ensure high levels of customer service at all times.
- Take responsibility for resolving minor issues and to make decisions. Any major issues to be brought to the Warehouse Manager’s attention, and in good time. (Definition of ‘major and minor’ issues will be fully explained). You need to have the ability to either solve the issue or actively communicate this to management (Experience and training with determine your ability to solve issues and will evolve over time).
- Flexibility is required in order to cover shift patters / hours, and to commit to extra hours in order to facilitate customer deadlines e.g. last minute jobs.
- Support with the Warehouse workload, to be hands on; checking kit ‘in and out’ assisting with interbranch and cross hires.
- Be required to process daily and weekly information from the Warehouse Manager and Bookings Manager, and make sure these tasks are met correctly. Priorities include making sure all cross hires are checked in by the warehouse and ready for returning to external companies on time so we don’t incur extra costs. Making sure all kit ready and returned to internal branches on the correct days too, plus any other priorities met.
- Lead by example. You will be more senior to some other members of the warehouse team, so its essential you adhere to the strict policies and processes we operate within the branch. It’s expected for you to show a good example to the other members as we expect the same from the rest of the team.
- Communication is key: Liaise with the bookings team throughout each day to keep up to date with new and evolving jobs.
- A certain level of Technical experience is essential to the role. Specific Technical training with our kit will be given too.
- Customer service experience with good communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Supervisory or management experience, or attributes in this area is advantageous.
- To have a strong work ethic and be a team player.