Senior Camera Technician Glasgow
Job title: Senior Camera Technician
Reports to: Head of Operations
Overview: As a key member of the Procam Take 2 team, you are responsible for preparing and testing camera equipment as per client requirements and specifications. You are also responsible for testing and checking in returned client hires and endeavour to uphold a high standard of efficiency and quality service to our clients.
- To prepare, test and generate accurate logs of equipment hired as per client and hire desk requirements and specifications in both the Film and Digital fields.
- Communicate any compatibility or suitability issues arising from client or hire desk equipment requests via internal procedures.
- To test and check in returning client hires - Reporting damaged or missing equipment as per internal procedures.
Customer/ Client approach
- Support the camera floor and fellow camera floor technicians in preparing and checking in hires.
- Support freelance camera crews when they are on site testing in our test rooms.
- Support junior camera floor technicians with their work and be involved in their training
- Minimum of two to three years working as a camera floor technician.
- Excellent working knowledge of high-end professional camera equipment and accessories.
- Excellent working knowledge of key equipment manufacturers (including but not limited to: Arri, Sony, Red, Panasonic, Cooke, Angenieux, Zeiss, Preston, C-Motion, Scubacam etc).
- Experience performing basic maintenance on camera and camera accessories.
- Experience preparing 16mm and 35mm film camera equipment would be advantageous.
- Full, clean driving license and preferably experience of driving vans.