Rental Prep Technician New York
We are a fun and friendly team of individuals who are excited about what we do and our booming cinematography industry. We value communication, and big ideas! We hire smart, creative, and passionate professionals who are always pushing themselves to achieve their best.
As our Rental Prep Technician, you are an integral part of the Procam Take 2 team and play an important role in our success.
- Knowledge of professional camera equipment
- Strong communication and computer skills
- Ability to work independently, be responsible and self-motivated
- Responsible and enthusiastic attitude
- Strong time management skills and ability to multi-task effectively
A day in the life of our Rental Prep Technician:
- Work closely with rental technician/s and bookings staff to ensure smooth operations of the kit room
- Assist technical supervisor with prepping and de-prepping of equipment
- Assist with testing and maintaining rental equipment
- Test and record all cameras prior to collection by clients. Assist technical supervisor with maintaining log for future reference
- Notify technical supervisor or broadcast engineer of any losses and damages ASAP
- Perform general office and administrative duties as needed
- Assist management with repairs, loss, and damages
- Coordinate equipment shipping and deliveries when necessary
- When required, assist with research, sourcing of sub rentals or equipment purchases
- Assist technically on set when required
- Assist clients loading equipment in and out
- Create and maintain log of trouble shooting incidents
- Ability to adapt to flexible schedule to accommodate any necessary late/early collections/deliveries
- Hands on camera experience and understanding of digital cameras, audio, lighting, and grip.
- Degree in film studies