Lighting Department Supervisor London
Job Title: Lighting Department Supervisor
Reports to: Head of Technical Facilities
Job Scope: This is a warehouse-based role working in a physical storage environment, leading a team. There is an even mix of administrative and physical work. The role requires a hands-on approach with experience of maintaining lighting equipment and keeping accurate records. Applicants should be able to remain calm under pressure and be a confident decision maker. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Monday to Friday with the potential of some weekend work and location visits.
As the leader of the lighting department team your main duties will be:
- Responsible for the ‘safe’ provision and operation of lighting equipment.
- Take responsibility for checking and updating lighting daily plans.
- Build and maintain working relationships with other departments, clients and suppliers.
- Ensure Health and Safety policies.
- Maintain and operate all lighting equipment according to the manufacturer’s guidelines / best practice.
- Barcoding stock, annual stock-take and stock level checks; reporting spare parts levels to management placing orders when required.
- Be involved in M&D search / investigations / meetings.
- Dealing with individual and/or team issues, escalating directly to line manager when necessary.
- Flagging bookings queries (phone/email) answering bookings / client’s questions over the phone, raising issues to management if outside of skillset.
- Dealing with Technical Queries to the point of closure as dictated by procedure.
- PAT test equipment, ensure no PAT backlog, training other team members in PAT testing.
- Monitoring the OOS log to be aware of items marked as missing, damaged, or out of service which may not have been flagged already. Dealing with the oldest and high priority items first.
- Conducting the department inductions and training of staff.
- Supervise schedule and participate when required with other tasks as check in / check out / repairs / OOS flagging involvement to management, daily quality checks, and investigating new methods and techniques with line manager.
- You will work closely with management and other members of the company to support the progress, creative, vision of the production / operation.
- Proven experience in a rental facility and/or on-set Lighting experience in film and TV.
- Good organisational skills.
- Experience of maintaining databases / stock inventories.
- Customer service experience and ability to build relationships with suppliers (internal/external).
- Dealing with technical queries via phone and email.
- Ensuring good housekeeping within the dept.
- Full clean driving license / van driving experience
- Electrical qualifications and/or PAT testing trained.