Business Development Assistant London
Title Business Development Assistant
Reports to Business Development Director and Rentals Manager
Job purpose The purpose of this role is to support our Business Development team with the coordination of sales lead information and industry contacts, collaborating with marketing, and supporting with industry events.
- Manage the organisation of sales lead information. Information and research will come from various platforms, including websites and industry forums.
- Updating the existing ‘pipeline’ (using Microsoft Excel); you will ensure information is factual and relevant.
- Liaison with industry related agents (e.g. Sara Putt & Associates, amongst others). Create a central directory of important industry contacts, updating accordingly with contact details etc. (using Microsoft Excel),
- Collaborating with our Marketing team regarding events/ diary commitments, industry bodies, partnerships, sponsorships, and content for social media. Attending industry events from time to time.
- You will understand industry etiquette and have the ability to liaise (when directed) with Line Producers, Unit Production managers and Directors of Photography. This may include requesting updates on projects and kit list revisions.
- When required, contributing to management reporting e.g. board-pack reports.
Key skills and attributes:
- Have a positive, personable, and resilient attitude.
- Research and administration skills, including Microsoft and Google applications.
- Good attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills; experience of customer service and dealing with client feedback.
- Strong interest and knowledge of film, TV and media industries; knowledge of cinematic equipment and production processes would be an advantage.
Your performance will be reviewed at your 3-month probation review and at your yearly appraisal; there may be ad hoc meetings throughout the year to discuss any issues. This job description will be reviewed periodically and may change to suit the needs of the business.